Step up your tailgating this season. A good ole hot dog is great for a quick bbq but if you have the time to kill while throwing back a beer during tailgating for the Rams.. try something a little more exciting, like these blacken chicken sliders!
- Mix white wine, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and Worcestershire sauce together in a resealable bag; add chicken and seal bag. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
- Mix 1 tablespoon salt, onion powder, sugar, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and oregano together in a bowl for the blackened seasoning; transfer to a shaker or an air-tight container.
- Place mayonnaise, chives, garlic, 1 teaspoon lime juice, ground chipotle pepper, salt, and black pepper in a food processor; pulse together until chives are minced and aioli is smooth and evenly mixed. Transfer to an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter together in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking and stirring until onion is very tender and dark brown, about 30 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Spray chicken pieces with cooking spray and sprinkle all sides with blackened seasoning.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet; cook chicken until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes per side.
- Assemble sliders by layering a piece of chicken, a strip of Cheddar cheese, and a spoonful of caramelized onion onto the bottom of each bun. Place a dollop of aioli on the top portion of bun before placing atop onion layer, forming a sandwich.